Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Way to be Immature

A couple days ago I was on facebook, and I noticed that a bunch of my friends had made a "friend quiz" to see how much your friends actually know about you. I took a couple of them and scored pretty well :) and then I decided to make one of my own. I put a bunch of easy questions on it and some harder ones. One was how old I am, and the choices were 13, 14, and 15. I just had my fifteenth birthday, so I thought this would be an easy one.
Then I checked my email to see who had taken it. It turned out that one of my good friends had taken it and scored only 50 or 60 percent. A little hurt, but brushing it off as a joke, I looked at what she had answered. I don't remember the other ones she got wrong, but on the age question she had said I was 13. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not (it's so hard to on the internet) so I talked to her about it the next day. As it turns out, when she took it she had had one of her friends over, and her friend had pressured her into answering all of the questions wrong. Guess who that friend was? If you guessed Bri, you get the million dollar prize. Really, Bri? How low do you have to go before you're pressuring one of your supposed "friends" into answering questions wrong on a FRIEND QUIZ? Have you hit rock bottom yet? I sure hope so, because I'm not sure how much lower you can get. Remember when we were in D.A.R.E. and they told us over and over that a friend who pressures you to do things you don't really want to do isn't actually a friend? Chew on that for a while, why don't you.

Then today, my "friend" (no names mentioned, but I'm sure you'll be able to tell who you are) was being a complete brat. I'd use stronger language, but it goes against my better nature (even though it's been hiding for the last couple years). I always do my makeup in school because 1. I don't have time to do it at home and 2. My mom would flip out if she knew I was using makeup. She's a weirdo like that. My "friend" usually joins me when and borrows my makeup. Except of course, when she's busy with her other friends who she likes more than me. That might not be true, but it's how it seems to me. Evidence: Whenever she's with these friends, she completely ignores me, even if she's looking right at me. Whenever I try to talk to her when she's with one of these friends, she brushes me off, or makes a snarky, sarcastic comment. It gets pretty annoying after a while. In fact, sometimes I don't know why I'm still friends with her. But anyways. Today, we were going to lunch, and someone had told us that there were chicken nuggets today. Since the chicken nuggets are the most popular of the things served in the cafeteria, and we have C lunch (the last lunch), they are almost always gone by the time we get there. So we started speedwalking, and since she was wearing a miniskirt and couldn't move her legs very far apart, I was walking faster than her, and in front of her. Somehow or other, she tripped and hit her knee. She made it through lunch, but after that it really started acting up and swelling. After lunch she asked me to walk to the nurse with her, and I walked most of the way there, but then I heard the bell ring and told her that I had to get to class. I admit, my reasons were selfish for this, because I could have walked the rest of the way there and still made it to my class, but I'm not going to tell you what my reasons were.
I left her walking to the nurse's office and went upstairs to grab my stuff before going to chorus. She reappeared in the middle of it (we have the same chorus class) with an ace bandage around her knee. I felt bad for her, and tried to convey this across the room without talking. I think she might have taken them as sarcastic, which totally was NOT the intention. Then after class, I went to talk to her to ask how her leg was feeling. As I was walking towards her, this boy we both talk to said "Nice going, Moira." I had no idea what he was talking about so I said "What?" He replied "You know what you did." Then walked away. Apparently my friend blames me for falling on her face and hurting her knee. I have no idea how she's come to this conclusion, because I was walking in front of her and felt someone stepping on the back of my shoe right before she fell. I don't know if this was her, but if it was, how the hell can she blame me for this? I was trying to be a good caring friend to make up for not walking with her to the nurse's office. But apparently she's giving me the silent treatment. That's actually okay by me, because I can give it right back to her. She's been a real bitch to me sometimes, and she probably deserves to know what it feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment